Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Clara's Coffee

I roasted these beans for my friend and fellow knitter Clara. She likes a darker roast so I let them go further into the second crack phase of roasting. This produced a very dark and shiny bean that smells wonderful! The shine comes from the oils that surface during the roast. Darker roasts produce more smoke that wafts throughout our neighborhood. Adjusting your roast to suit your preference simply requires watching the beans as you should for safety anyway.


Later, I met my friend Nancy for lunch at the Riverbirch Lodge. It was great to see her and we enjoyed a delicious salad! We caught up on everything from knitting to spinning and wedding plans. What a beautiful sunny day. Did anybody feel the earthquake? I did.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment